This privacy notice applies to Data Equipment AS ("we" or "us"). We hold the role of data controller with regards to the processing of personal data described in this privacy statement. Please find our contact information below under Section 8.
1. Data subjects
This privacy notice describes our processing of personal data related to the following categories of individuals:
- Contact persons and employees of our customers.
- Contact persons and other private individuals that have consented to direct marketing communication.
- Other private individuals that make use of the services offered by Data Equipment.
2. Purpose, types of personal data and legal basis
Below we have listed the purposes for our processing of personal data, what kind of personal data we process, and the legal basis for such processing.
2.1 Direct marketing
Upon our customers active consent, we will collect personal data in connection with distribution of our newsletter and other relevant marketing communication. The newsletter will include information regarding our products, services, seminars, events and courses. In this context, we will process the following personal data:
- Name/name of contact
- Telephone number
The processing of personal data in connection with our distribution of the newsletter is based on your consent, see GDPR article 6 no. 1 (a).
2.2 Processing of personal data in connection with registration for our seminars, events and courses
In order to fulfil our contractual obligations in connection with your registration for our seminars, events and courses, it is necessary for us to process some of your personal data. In this context we will process the following data:
- Name/name of contact
- Telephone number
The processing of the personal data mentioned above is necessary for attending the seminar, event or course. We do not collect any personal data that is not provided by you in the registration form. This processing is necessary for us to fulfil our agreement with you, see GDPR article 6 no. 1 (b) and does also serve a legitimate purpose, see GDPR article 6 no. 1 (f).
2.3 Processing of personal data when we communicate directly with you
We will also process personal data about you in connection with our day-to-day contact with you. This is for example necessary in order for us to provide you with a satisfactory customer experience in relation to our products, services, courses and event. In this context, we will process the following personal data:
- Name/name of contact
- E-mailTelephone number
Processing of personal data in connection with your correspondence with us serves a legitimate purpose, see GDPR article 6 no. 1 (f).
We use the following categories of cookies on our websites:
- Essential cookies: Cookies that are essential for providing the services Data Equipment offers to its customer.
- Performance- and functionality cookies (HubSpot): Cookies that are used to improve the website's functionality. These cookies are not crucial for providing our services but are used for ensuring you the best possible user experience.
- Analytical cookies (Google Analytics, HubSpot): Cookies that are used to collect and aggregate information to help us understand how our websites are used and monitor the efficiency of our marketing campaigns. They also help us tailor our websites to user preferences.
- Marketing cookies (HubSpot): Cookies that are used for creating marketing content that is relevant to you. This type of cookies ensures that the same ads do not pop up several times in a row, that the ads are based on your preferences and that they are presented correctly.
- Social media cookies (HubSpot, Facebook): Cookies that ensure that you are be able to share sites and content that you find interesting on our websites through third party suppliers of social media and other websites (LinkedIn, Facebook etc). These cookies may also be used for marketing purposes.
3. Parties with whom we share personal data
Unless you have explicitly consented to disclosure of personal data, your personal data will only be disclosed to third parties if necessary for fulfilling the purpose of the processing of personal data. We may share personal data with e.g. our IT service providers and our marketing partner (e.g. Hubspot), or with public authorities if required by law.
We do not disclose personal data in other instances or other ways than what is described in this privacy statement, unless explicitly requested or approved by you, or the disclosure is required by law.
4. Storing of personal data
We do not store personal data longer than what is necessary for fulfilling the purpose of the processing.
Any personal data you have provided us with and consented to will be stored for as long as you remain a subscriber/customer. Should you retract your consent, then we will delete any information pertaining to you that we have stored in this context.
5. Your rights
You hold the rights to all personal data that pertains to you. Your specific rights depend upon the circumstances in question.
- Request access to all personal data we process about you;
- Request that the processed personal data is deleted or corrected;
- Withdraw your consent if you have previously consented to processing of personal data. Users who for instance do not wish to receive marketing material from Data Equipment can unsubscribe from receiving newsletters and other information by updating this on their user profile;
- Retrieve your personal data that you previously have submitted to us and transfer these to another data controller without our interference (data portability); and
- File a complaint with the supervisory authority (in Norway: Datatilsynet).
We have established procedures for handling personal data in a secure manner. The measures are of both technical and organizational nature. We regularly assess the security of all key systems that are used for handling personal data, and agreements are in place that impose providers of such systems to ensure adequate information security.
Access to personal data is limited to personnel that need access in order to execute their assignments.
7. Changes to the pricacy statement
We may make slight adjustments to this privacy statement. You can always find the latest version on our website. We will notify you in case of any material changes.
8. Contact us
If you have any questions or comments to our privacy statement, or want to exercise your rights, please contact us at:
Data Equipment AS
P. O. Box 174 Manglerud
Reg. no. 933 474 232